We asked young people in Kent what they thought resilience meant, and they said:
- Bounce back
- Don’t give up
- Stick at it
- Adapt to new challenges
- Be flexible
The following describes a resilient person.
I have people:
- around me I trust and who love me, no matter what
- who set limits for me so I know when to stop before there is danger or trouble
- who show me how to do things right by the way they do things
- who want me to learn to do things on my own
- who help me when I am sick, in danger or need to learn.
- a person people can like and love
- glad to do nice things for others and show my concern
- respectful of myself and others
- willing to be responsible for what I do
- sure things will be all right.
- talk to others about things that frighten me or bother me
- find ways to solve problems that I face
- control myself when I feel like doing something not right or dangerous
- figure out when it is a good time to talk to someone or to take action
- find someone to help me when I need it.